It is time once again for our annual neighborhood meeting and potluck, timed to coincide with the nationwide “Neighborhood Night Out” program on Tuesday, August 2. Because of the usual weather on the first Tuesday in August, we have once again made arrangements to have our party in air-conditioned comfort at the Columbia Country Club, starting at 5:30 pm. We will begin setting up at 5:00, so you can arrive any time after that. If you haven’t received a note in your mailbox yet, you should get it soon. Here are the particulars:
- We will meet in the McAlester Room at the Country Club – dinner will start at 5:30
- Your choice of hamburgers or hot dogs, with table service and condiments provided
- Water, tea and coffee will be provided; there will be a cash bar if you wish to buy drinks or sodas.
- Bring your favorite side dishes and/or desserts
- Business meeting will start somewhere around 6:00
- The swimming pool will be available (for a short time – only open until 7) For the special price of $2
We are asking for a donation of $6 per person, as that is what the Country Club is charging us. Any amount will be welcome, above or below that, and no one will be turned away. We also need an approximate count of how many people will be coming; call Vice-President Sarah Catlin-Dupuy at 573-289-8356, or e-mail her (see the “About” page) to let us know. If you forgot to call, come anyway, we won’t turn you away.
There won’t be a lot of business on the agenda, but there is some: the annual election of officers, and a discussion about the annual neighborhood-wide garage/yard sale. If you have other items for the meeting, just let us know.
We look forward to seeing you there!